We Are Improving!

We hope that you'll find our new look appealing and the site easier to navigate than before. Please pardon any 404's that you may see, we're trying to tidy those up!  Should you find yourself on a 404 page please use the search feature in the navigation bar.  

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

The Roanoke Rapids Police Department reported the following, according to Chief Shane Guyant:

On Wednesday around 12:15 a.m. Officer C. Walker responded to a restaurant on Premier Boulevard concerning people arguing and possibly about to fight. 

As the situation was contained and officers were about to leave, Alexis Rebecca Barnes, 26, of Garysburg got into her vehicle and turned music up extremely loud. 

Walker ordered Barnes to turn the music down and she rolled her windows up and attempted to leave the parking lot in a dangerous and reckless manner. 

As Barnes stopped her car Walker attempted to arrest her for unruly behavior. 

Guyant said Barnes was out of control as Captain J. Baggett, Lieutenant D. Hundley, and Walker attempted to arrest her.

She struck Walker in the face with a closed fist and after a brief struggle, officers placed Barnes into handcuffs to transport her to the police department. 

She slipped out of the cuffs and attempted to jump out of a moving patrol car. 

Barnes was charged with resist/delay/obstruct and assault on a government official. 

She received a $3,000 bond with a December 15 court date.

On Tuesday around 11:30 p.m. Sergeant D. Newsome observed a red SUV traveling north in the 1300 block of Roanoke Avenue with no headlights on.

Newsome conducted a traffic stop of the vehicle in the 1300 block of Hamilton Street and detected the odor of alcohol on the driver, Ranisha Le’Shea Goddard, 30, of Roanoke Rapids.  A standardized field sobriety testing was performed and it was determined that Goddard was impaired.  

Goddard was taken into custody and asked to submit to a breath sample and blew .11. 

Goddard was charged with DWI, no operator's license, and an equipment violation.  

She was released to a responsible person by a magistrate and received a November 17 court date.