NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Roanoke Rapids City Council Regular Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 5:15 p.m. The City of Roanoke Rapids is continuing to keep measures in place in an ongoing effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures include prohibiting mass gatherings and practicing social distancing. Therefore, the public will not be allowed to physically attend the meeting. City Council members and limited City staff will be present in the Lloyd Andrews City Meeting Hall located at 700 Jackson Street, Roanoke Rapids, NC. The public may join the meeting via Zoom, listen by telephone or watch on Spectrum Channel 193.
Join the meeting through Zoom on your computer or smartphone
Click on the following link or type it into your internet browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85399215234?pwd=dTRkUTAwbVhaZmZhRFNxTTN4bGZmUT09 Password: 434976
If you have not used Zoom before, we encourage you to download the application from their website at www.zoom.us prior to the meeting. There is no cost associated with the software or to attend the meeting.
Join the meeting through audio only via telephone
Call US: 1-301-715-8592. When prompted, enter Meeting ID: 85399215234 followed by the pound sign (#) and then enter meeting Password: 434976 followed by the pound sign (#). Depending on your telephone carrier, long distance charges may apply.
Watch the meeting on television
We will live broadcast our meeting on Spectrum Channel 193 beginning at 5:15 PM.
The following procedures have been put in place to provide the public with the ability to address the City Council during the Public Comment Period.
- A Public Comment Period, not to exceed 15 minutes, will be held after the approval of the meeting agenda.
- Those that wish to address the City Council during the Public Comment Period should call the City Clerk at (252) 533-2840 to register no later than Monday, May 18, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registered participants will be given a link to speak at the meeting via Zoom, a remote conferencing service.
- Callers will be held in queue and will be muted until they are called on to speak.
- Speakers will be called in the order that they are registered.
- Individual comments are limited to three minutes.
- If a person participating remotely willfully disrupts the Council meeting, then upon direction by the Mayor, such person may be removed from electronic participation.
- Messages must be labeled Public Comment in the subject line.
- Comments submitted must be free of inappropriate language and submitted in a respectful manner.
- Comments will be read by the City Clerk into the record after all registered speakers have addressed the City Council.
- Comments read by the City Clerk are subject to the time limits set by the Public Comment procedures.
- Any public comment or email received by the City is subject to the public records law and will be made available to the media. These communications are not confidential.