The Halifax County Commissioners approved a maximum of $30,000 in grant funds for 2023 to promote recreation programming and project development in Halifax County.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is March 17, 2023, by 5 p.m.
(The application can be downloaded at this link)
- Eligible grant recipients must be located within Halifax County.
- Organizations will be required to sign a contract with Halifax County before grant funds will be distributed. Salaries and/or stipends will not be funded through this program for any member of the applying organization. Contracted services for specific instruction may be allowed as related.
- Organizations who receive funding will be required to submit a Project Report by December 31, 2023.
- Organizations who receive funding are subject to review during the County’s annual audit.
- Proposals will be reviewed by representatives of the Halifax County Management Team and the Halifax County Board of Commissioners. Recommendations will be sent to the full Board of Halifax County Commissioners for final approval.
- Halifax County will award these grants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender or religion.
- Each proposal must address the proposal criteria listed below in narrative form, attaching all necessary supporting documentation. The attached Project Summary Sheet must also be completed and attached to the proposal.
COVID-19 Management (how will you implement COVID-19 safety measures) Project Timeline and Scope of Work
Duration of the Program or Equipment Project Budget
Project Audience (Geographic Area Served within Halifax County / Target Age Group / Number Served) Audit or Financial Statement
- Based on the number and quality of proposals received, applicants may or may not receive the full amount of grant funds requested.
- Preference will be given to district or county-wide organizations rather than individual elements of those organizations.
Applicants will be notified by mail or email of the County’s decision no later than April 28, 2023.